Who needs visa to enter Vietnam?
1. Only the citizens of below countries are able to visit Vietnam without an entry visa:
No need Vietnam visa within 30 days: Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos
No need Vietnam visa within 21 days: Philippine
No need Vietnam visa within 15 days: Brunei, Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (as Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland)
Please note that the citizens of above nations have to show the return ticket when you check in at Vietnam airport
2. Some exceptions:
- No required visa for traveling in Vietnam in less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of France who holds valid diplomatic or official passports.
- No required visa for travelling in Vietnam in less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of Chile who holds valid diplomatic or official passports.
- No required visa in 60 days each entry with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies.
- Foreigners and Vietnamese is holding foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel in Phu Quoc Island and stay there for less than 15 days will also be exempted Vietnam visa. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island the Vietnamese immigration Department is responsible for issuing visas on the spot if visitors would like to travel other localities or stay in the island over 15 days.
- No required visa for Vietnamese overseas in less than 90 days staying if they are holding Vietnam visa exemption certificate.